Transition Networks Ethernet Over 2-Wire Extender With PoE+ provides the ability to quickly and easily upgrade Ethernet networks with modern PoE powered IP devices without the need to replace the existing copper wire infrastructure. The extenders leverage existing 18-24 AWG unshielded twisted pair (CAT 5, CAT 3 and other 2-wire phone wire) cabling infrastructure to extend the Ethernet network at near Gigabit speeds and provide data and power to IP devices in remote locations, saving time and money over installing new cable.
The Ethernet Over 2-Wire Extenders With PoE+ are used in pairs, with a local or remote device at opposite ends of the copper link. The extenders provide flexibility for either copper or fiber Ethernet connections. The Local device offers a 10/100/1000Base-T RJ-45 and 100/1000Base-X open SFP combo port and a RJ-45 or 2-wire terminal block connection to provide safety extra low voltage (SELV) power over 2-wire to the Remote device. The Remote device receives power through the RJ-45 or 2-wire terminal block connection and provides a 10/100/1000Base-T RJ-45 output with PoE+ power or a 100/1000Base-X open SFP combo port connection for IP cameras, wireless access points or other PoE powered end devices.
Power for the Local device can be supplied through a properly isolated +48VDC power source or through the designated 90 Watt power adapter. Power for the Remote device can be supplied with PoE from the Local unit, through a properly isolated +48VDC power source, or through the designated power adapter for providing redundant power or for additional power requirements at the Remote device.
The Ethernet Over 2-Wire Extenders With PoE+ are supplied with a web GUI, which allows password-protected access to various configuration options of both the Local and Remote devices through a single IP address. It also allows easy upgrades to firmware.
- Copper or fiber combo Ethernet port
- IEEE 802.3af/at compliant Remote PoE+ port for powering cameras or other remote devices
- Full PoE+ at 335-1,500 ft. over a single pair or 1,500-6,800 ft. over multiple pairs (dependent on cable type)
- Half-Gigabit Ethernet speeds over UTP cable at distances of 660 feet (200m) or Fast Ethernet speeds at 2000 feet (610m) (dependent on wire gauge)
- Proprietary SELV classification prevents unintended power delivery to non-Transition Networks devices
- Power monitoring
- Auto Power Reset (APR) and power-saving mode
- Web browser configurable
- Plug-and-Play installation
- Field upgradeable firmware