Fiber-optic SC port
With an opticaltransceiverfor 100Base-FX networks, the USB to fiber converter delivers network connectivity with a maximum range of 2 km over multimode fiber.
Secure fiber-to-the-desk connectivity
For reliable fiber connectivity, this USB to fiber-optic converter protectsyour network from problems with electronic interference - a common issue with copper Ethernet networks. Fiber-to-the-desk connectivity (FTTD) maximizes network security, reducing the risk of data leaks of sensitive information, without compromising network speed and reliability.
Compact and portable, this USB 2.0 to fiber-optic converter is powered directly from the USB port, making it easy to connect when you're on the go.
Plug and play
Get up and running quickly. The USB fiber-optic converter supports certified drivers for Windows and Linux®. When you plug the adapterinto a USB port, you simply install the drivers and the adapter is ready to transmit over a fiber network.
The US100A20FXSC is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- TECH SPECS: 100Mbps
- 1x SC Female Duplex
- ASIX AX88772C
- 1x USB 2.0 Type A
- Multi-Mode Fiber
- 1310 nm
- 2 km/1.2 mi
- VLAN Bus-Powered
- Windows, Windows Server, MacOS, Linux LTS Kernel
- EASY-TO-USE USB to FIBER OPTIC CONVERTER: Use with USB-enabled computer, which is ideal for occasional access to a fiber LAN, or for laptop users without internal fiber network card
- COMPACT FORM FACTOR: Easily portable and can be easily carried in a standard laptop bag if needed; no power adapter means fewer cords to carry, and a quick and easy setup
- EASY TO DEPLOY: Integrated SC MM fiber connection makes deployment easy and predictable; fewer parts to damage or lose vs an open SFP solution
- STARTECH.COM ADVANTAGE: IT professionals choice for over 30 years; this fiber network adapter is backed for 2 years by StarTech.com, including free 24/5 North America based multi-lingual tech support