This 3 Port PCI Express FireWire card comes equipped with a low profile bracket for installation in small form factor PCs, and includes an optional full-size bracket for installation in a standard-sized PC case.
The FireWire card can be installed in a PCIe slot to add two IEEE1394b (FireWire 800 - 9 pin) ports and one IEEE1394a (FireWire 400 - 6 pin) port, providing broad compatibility with a wide range of FireWire devices (e.g. DV camcorders, external hard drives, digital cameras, etc.).
The 2x FireWire 800 and 1x FireWire 400 card features a native (single chip) PCI Express chipset, which provides faster, more reliable and cost-effective performance than expansion cards that utilize a "bridge" chip.
- Compliant with IEEE 1394b and backwards compatible with IEEE 1394a - 2000 as well as 1394-1995 standards
- Built with a native PCI Express chipset, no bridge chip
- Internal power connector for high-powered FireWire devices
- Includes full/standard profile installation bracket
- One 6-pin FireWire 400 port, each with transfer rates up to 400Mbps
- Two 9-pin FireWire 800 ports, each with transfer rates up to 800Mbps