This M.2 SSD controller card lets you install two M.2 SATA solid-state drives (SSD) into your PC through PCI Express. You can mount virtually any M.2 drive directly to the card, giving you a convenient and discreet way to improve your computer system performance. Plus, the card is a vital computer add-on if you need to recover data from an existing M.2 drive, or for expanding your overall internal storage.
Leverage the speed and size of M.2 drives
This M.2 controller card lets you take full advantage of the performance and size benefits of NGFF (Next Generation Form Factor) SSDs. M.2 drives are smaller than typical platter drives or mSATA-based SSDs, so you can install them in tighter areas within your computer case. By freeing up space within your computer, you'll also have more room for additional hardware upgrades.
When you couple the card with an M.2 drive, you can give your computer's performance a noticeable speed boost, enabling you to replace your platter drive with a faster M.2 SATA III (6Gbps) solid-state drive. By installing your operating system on the M.2 drive, you'll have faster access to the files you commonly use, and you can continue to use your higher-capacity platter HDD for bulk storage.
Rest assured, with simple and cost-effective data recovery
Due to their performance and size advantages, M.2 drives are commonly used in laptops. If your laptop has failed but its M.2 drive is functional, then this card can help with data recovery. Once the M.2 drive is installed and the data recovery is complete, you can continue to use the drive for storage and backup purposes.
You can also rest assured that your M.2 SATA drives are compatible with the card. It supports the most common drive sizes, including 22110, 2280, 2260, 2242 and 2230.
The M.2 controller provides additional installation flexibility with a dual-profile design that fits standard or low-profile cases, so it's the perfect solution for small form-factor or full-sized computers.
Get up and running quickly
This M.2 SSD controller card is easy to install, with native OS support and no additional drivers or software required.
The PEX2M2 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Improve system performance, recover data, or create a redundant data backup by adding two M.2 solid-state drives (SSD) to your desktop PC
- Wide installation compatibility, with support for virtually all M.2 NGFF drives (22110, 2280, 2260, 2242, 2230)
- Two M.2 B-Key onboard sockets that support SATA III transfer speeds up to 6Gbps
- Adjustable stand-offs, and multiple mounting holes support 110mm, 80mm, 60mm, 42mm, and 30mm SSDs
- Fast, hassle-free setup with native OS support
- Compliant with PCI Express 2.0 standards
- Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- PCIe bus-powered, or powered by your computer?s power supply using a 4-pin floppy power connector (small drive power)
- Equipped with a full-profile bracket, includes a half-height/low-profile bracket for installation in small form-factor computers
- Installs into x4, x8, or x16 PCIe slots