This MST hub lets you connect twomonitors to your DisplayPort™ (DP) 1.2 equipped Windows® laptop or desktop.It's USB powered, so the only thing you'll need to operate the hub is your computer.
Increase productivity with multiple screens
The newest generations of computers are more portable than ever, which often means that you're left with fewer video outputs and smaller integrated screens. ThisMST hubsolves both of these problems by letting you connect twoadditional displays to your computer, which makes multitasking much easier.
Connect to any display
With the MST hub, you can use DisplayPort video adapters and cable adapters that enable you to connect HDMI, VGA or DVI displays. This ensures your MST hub will be compatible with virtually any television, monitor or projector. The hub is VESA and DisplayPort certified to support DP 1.2 enabled systems, for seamless integration with your existing video equipment.
Configure your displays for any environment
Using the MST hub, you can extend your desktop onto additional monitors and stream independent content to each display, giving you the freedom to multitask and increase your productivity. You can also mirror the same image onto multiple displaysfor remote viewing applications such as digital signage.
Enjoy amazing video quality, without draining system resources
MST technology uses your existing video card to minimize the use of system resources while delivering Ultra HD 4K resolutions. This unprecedented performance makes MST perfect for high-resolution applications such as graphic design, gaming and medical imaging.
Note: When using a DisplayPort 1.1 video card the MST hub will act as a splitter, automatically mirroring your video source across all displays. Resolution limitations apply.
The MSTDP122DP supports plug-and-play installation for a hassle-free setup, and is backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Average resolution bandwidth allocation
1920x1080 (High-definition 1080p) @60hz - 22% 1920x1200 @60hz - 30% 2560x1440 @60hz - 35% 2560x1600 @60hz - 38% 3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD 4K) @30hz - 38%
Note: Exceeding 100% will reduce functionality.
- CONVENIENCE: MST (multi-stream transport) hub is equipped with a built-in 7.5" (19cm) cable for video (DisplayPort) and 9.8" (25cm) USB-A cable for power (USB bus-powered)
- Supports LPCM digital audio
- EASY TO USE: Dual monitor adapter natively supports 2x DP monitors; Works w/Windows only and provides an easy driverless setup
- Latching DisplayPort connector ensures a reliable connection and prevents accidental disconnection
- INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY: Increase productivity by extending your desktop at your workstation in the office/home office
- MST technology uses your GPU/video card performance to deliver uncompressed video and use minimal system resources
- COMPATIBILITY: 2-Port DisplayPort MST video splitter works with laptops, computers or desktop graphics cards
- Requires host system with DP 1.2/HBR2/MST or later from HP, Dell & Lenovo and AMD, Nvidia & Intel video cards
- DISPLAY RESOLUTION: Dual monitor DisplayPort MST hub supports resolutions up to 4K 30Hz (UHD) or 1080p 60Hz on both monitors, or can support two ultrawide displays up to 3440x1440
- MULTI MONITOR ADAPTER FOR WINDOWS: Dual DisplayPort MST hub drives up to two DP displays in extended or duplicate mode using a DP port on Windows desktop PCs or laptops
- Not compatible with macOS