Data center, IT and general consumer server environments have a broad range of requirements-from basic connectivity to extreme data storage capacities. The effective-ness at which their data is accessed and protected is crucial to their ultimate success. The 12 Gbps PCIe Gen3 Series 8 RAID adapters, coupled with 12 Gbps SSDs, provide maximum read/write bandwidth and IOPS for the most performance-hungry transactional and database applications.
Series 8Q With Adaptec® maxCache 3.0
Advancing the performance capabilities of SSD caching to a broader set of application workloads, the Series 8Q with max-Cache 3.0 supports read- and write-back caching. By caching writes to a redundant SSD cache pool (RAID1, RAID1E, or RAID5), maxCache 3.0 leverages the performance and latency capabilities of SSD technology for both read and write work-loads. The read caching function is also improved with max-Cache 3.0, with additional optimizations to the learned-path algorithm. maxCache 3.0 SSD caching software is the only caching solution that supports up to 2 TB of SSD cache.
Integrated Cache Protection
The Series 8 family continues battery-free portfolio. Series 8 adapters can be combined with the Adaptec AFM-700 Flash-based cache protection module (sold separately) to enable instant cache protection. With Series 8, the 81605Z and 81605ZQ models have Flash backup embedded on the board, eliminating the need for a daughterboard and further enabling you to do more with less.
Advanced Data Protection and Ease of Use
Adaptec RAID Code (ARC) delivers maximum reliability with an industry-leading feature set, including all of the RAID levels the industry has come to expect, plus unique features like flexible configuration modes for the adapter, hybrid RAID and Optimized Disk Utilization (ODU) where no available space is wasted. Adaptec maxView provides an HTML5 web interface that can be used in standard desktops and mobile browsers for all storage configuration and management needs.
- Ideal for 12 Gbps performance-hungry server and worksta-tion platforms, without compromising proven reliability
- Provides high I/O transaction and high bandwidth process-ing, solutions that reduce energy consumption and mainte-nance costs
- maxCache 3.0 caching software (Series 8Q only)
- Cache protection via third-generation ZMCP; AFM-700 (integrated on 81605Z and 81605ZQ, optional for rest of Series 8 products)
- Up to 16 native SAS/SATA ports in a LP/MD2 design
- 12 Gbps and 6 Gbps compatibility with HDD or SSD SAS/SATA devices
- 12 Gbps throughput per SAS port using mini-SAS HD connectors
- 12 Gbps RAID-on-Chip (ROC), x8 PCIe Gen3 interface with 12 Gbps SAS ports to enable a new generation of performance
- >700K IOPS; 6.6 Gbps sequential reads, 6.2 Gbps sequen-tial writes