The IOGEAR 8-port USB DVI KVMP Switch is a control unit that allows access and control of up to 8 computers from a single USB keyboard, USB mouse, and dual-monitor (DVI-I and VGA) console. It can be cascaded to three levels - allowing up to 73 GCS1108s to control up to 512 computers - all from the original single console. In addition, GCS1108 comes with IOGEAR's Video DynaSync™ technology to optimize the display resolution. IOGEAR's DynaSync technology reads and remembers the monitor's parameters (EDID) so there is no delay or change of video resolution when switching between, or booting computers.
Switching between computers can be easily accomplished either by manually pressing the front panel push buttons, entering hotkey combinations from the keyboard, or via on-screen display (OSD) system. A convenient auto-scan feature permits automatic scanning and monitoring of activities on all connected.
- Cascadable to three levels - control up to 512 computers
- Independent switching of KVM and USB focus
- Two-level (Administrator / User) password authorization for enhanced security protection
- Includes two USB 2.0 peripheral sharing ports
- Multiplatform support - Windows, Linux, Mac, Sun
- Computer selection via front panel pushbuttons, hotkeys, and on-screen display (OSD)
- Supports widescreen resolutions
- Superior video quality: 1920x1200 (Single Link DVI), 2048x1536 (VGA); DDC2
- One USB console controls eight DVI or VGA computers
- Supports both digital (DVI), analog (DVI) video and analog (VGA)