ICY DOCK's EZConvert MB705M2P-B is a complete solution to convert any M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD into the exact dimensions and port locations as a standard 2.5-inch U.2 (SFF-8639) NVMe SSD. Designed for compatibility, it accepts all M.2 sizes from 30mm to 80mm (2230 / 2242 / 2260 / 2280) in length, mounting them without screws or tools, and allows these drives to be installed anywhere that accepts a bare 2.5-inch NVMe drive, such as an U.2 backplane, hot-swap bay, 2.5" mounting bracket, or in ICY DOCK's U.2 NVMe removable enclosures/mobile racks. The sturdy aluminum housing protects delicate M.2 circuit boards from bumps and drops, and the integrated heat sink with included thermal heat dissipation pads keep your drive running cool, even under heavy load.
Because M.2 SSDs are not designed to be hot-swapped, their connectors are very delicate, typically rated for only 250 insertion/removal cycles. When used with the EZConvert MB705M2P-B, M.2 PCIe NVMe SSDs can be hot-swapped without putting any wear on the internal connector, instead using ICY DOCK's strong hot-swap connector rated for 10,000 insertion/removal cycles. Hot-swap makes it easy to add, remove, and replace drives without the need to restart the system.
EZConvert MB705M2P-B accepts any 30mm-80mm M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (2230 / 2242 / 2260 / 2280) and gives it the exact same dimensions, port locations, and screw-hole locations as a standard 9.5mm U.2 NVMe SSD.
The 1-piece heat sink lid snaps on and off without screws or tools, revealing the drive bay for easy installation, removal, and replacement in only seconds.
The adjustable M.2 locker slides to accommodate all standard M.2 PCie NVMe SSD drive lengths, including 2230 (30mm), 2242 (42mm), 2260 (60mm), and 2280 (80mm). The locker clips into the SSD screw hole to secure the drive without screws, saving you the hassle of dealing with tiny easy-to-lose screws while protecting your drive from vibration and movement damage.
Because the MB705M2P-B uses the standardized 2.5-inch U.2 form-factor, it can be installed into any U.2 backplane, hot-swap bay, 2.5-inch mounting bracket, or in ICY DOCK's U.2 NVMe removable enclosures/mobile racks.
Packed with Features
The dual-function full-metal lid protects delicate M.2 SSDs from bumps and drops. The aluminum lid also acts as a heat sink to keep NVMe drives at safe temperatures, even under heavy load.
The included thermal paste sticker can be attached on to the underside of the full-metal lid for increased heat dissipation.
For additional cooling performance, the bottom air vent can be cut out to make room for an M.2 heat sink, or for additional air flow.
The MB705M2P-B supports the full NVMe bandwidth specification of up to 32Gbps, letting you take full advantage of the fastest M.2 NVMe SSDs available.
- Convert your M.2 NVMe SSD into the 2.5" U.2 NVMe form factor with 9.5mm height)
- Exact same dimensions, port locations, and screw-hole locations as a standard U.2 drive
- Accepts any M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD from 30mm to 80mm in length (2230 / 2242 / 2260 / 2280)
- Enables hot-swap functionality for any M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- Hot-Swap Ready 10,000 insertion/removal cycle rated connector
- Supports full Nvme bandwidth specification of 32Gbps
- 100% tool-less and screw-less M.2 drive installation
- Dual-function aluminum heat sink and lid for optimal protection and cooling performance
- Lower housing ventilation hole can pop out for additional air flow and improved cooling
- Strong 1-piece ABS plastic lower body