- Connect systems while protecting them from damaging ground loops.
- Isolates one RS-485 device from the rest of an RS-485 system or one local group of RS-485 equipment from another.
- Connects point-to-point, RS-422 4-wire equipment to an RS-485 2-wire multidrop system.
- Can be used as a repeater to expand an RS-485 system beyond 32 nodes.
- Operates 2-wire half-duplex or 4-wire half- or full-duplex.
- Features 12 user-selectable data rates up to 460.8 kbps.
This compact device links RS-422 4-wire and RS-485 2-wire systems while using optical isolation to protect equipment and lines from damaging ground loops.
The BLACK BOX® RS-422 and RS-485 Optical Isolator/Repeater enables you to connect equipment meant for a point-to-point RS-422 4-wire interface to an RS-485 2-wire multidrop system.
It can be used to optically isolate one piece of RS-485 equipment from the rest of an RS-485 system or one local group of RS-485 equipment from another, or it can be used as a repeater to expand an existing RS-485 system beyond the standard's 32-node limitation.