- An easy way to remotely monitor, manage, and control an industrial device in the field.
- Easy to configure through a Web browser, serial console, Telnet™, or Windows® utility.
- Very compact.
- Accepts 12-VDC power via terminal block. Order a 100 - 240-VAC/12-VDC power supply (PS012) separately or order this device server together with a power supply as a kit (LES301A-KIT).
- Features TCP server/client, UDP, Virtual COM, and tunneling modes.
- Software-selectable RS-232/485/422 serial data communications.
- Ideal for controlling a manufacturing or automation device over a LAN.
- Auto MDI/MDI-X Ethernet port. Auto negotiates, autodetects for 10 or 100 Mbps.
- Rugged, metal case that can be wall or DIN rail mounted (mounts included).
- Firmware can be upgraded over an Ethernet network from a remote PC.
- On the serial side, it features 15-kV ESD protection.
Use your Ethernet network to reliably access a remote RS-232 or RS-422/-485 industrial device from a remote workstation.
The 1-Port 10/100 Device Server gives you a cost-effective gateway for TCP/IP Ethernet and serial signal communications, enabling nearly any serial device to be connected to a new or existing Ethernet network.
It does this by encapsulating serial data and transporting it over Ethernet, communicating full-duplex, and transmitting bidirectional data transparently between the serial port and a network.
Plus, it is easy to configure. You can do this remotely over the Ethernet link using Telnet, a Web browser link, a serial console, or another Windows utility.
Even better, it comes with virtual communications software. Through it, you can use an existing Windows-based application to access a serial device by mapping the virtual COM port to a remote serial server over Ethernet.
In addition, the device server supports TCP server, TCP client, and UDP modes of communication, and serial tunneling, which you can use to send data between two serial devices via the TCP/IP link instead of RS-232, -485, or -422 connections. Link a touchscreen to a distant PLC over the Ethernet network, for instance. Ideal for any manufacturing, process engineering, or automation application, the 1-Port 10/100 Device Server, RS-232/422/485 can also be used to communicate with a bar-code scanner, PLC, electronic Kanban inventory management device, and similar equipment on the factory floor.
- Supports SNMP manangement.
- Completely manageable through any Web browser or Telnet™.
- Autosensing 10-/100-Mbps Ethernet port.
- DB9 male serial connector.
- Software-selectable interface prevents tampering in the field.
- Software selectable for RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485.
- Access a single serial device over your Ethernet network.