- RJ-45 ports support auto-negotiation, so you can easily attach any 10- or 100-Mbps device.
- ST, SC, MT-RJ, and LC fiber port types available.
- Choose from 115-VAC or 240-VAC power supplies (spare power supplies also available).
- Support both half- and full-duplex operation.
- Two sets of LEDs enable you to see status information from the front, top, or side.
- Rackmount up to 16 units in the optional Rackmount Tray or Powered Rackmount Tray (available separately).
- For harsh environments, see our Hardened Media Converter Switches (LB100A-H family) and Extreme Media Converter Switches (LB110A-P family).
- For older fiber links, see our Standard Media Converter Switches with 10-Mbps fiber ports (LBH110A family).
BLACK BOX® Standard Media Converter Switches do more than just adapt from one cable type to another. They're true Ethernet switches and behave like switches within your Ethernet network. This means you can connect them together indefinitely without worrying about inter-repeater links. Each Media Converter Switch features non-blocking switching architecture with a 2K MAC address table. The 128K buffer memory makes it easy to interconnect 10- and 100-Mbps devices.
Use them in your office.
Standard Media Converter Switches are for use in clean, temperature-controlled environments such as offices and wiring closets. Media Converter Switches are also available in Hardened versions for industrial environments and Extreme versions for outdoor environments. Because all three types work together seamlessly, you can use inexpensive Standard Media Converter Switches in the protection of the wiring closet and choose the more robust Hardened or Extreme Media Converter Switches for harsh locations at your network's edge. (We also offer Media Converter Switches in 10-Mbps fiber versions for use with older fiber infrastructures.)
Distance isn't a problem.
Because they're switches as well as media converters, Media Converter Switches provide more options in network topology, overcoming the distance limitations inherent with simple media converters - to add extra distance, just daisy-chain another Media Converter Switch. If you need more ports at your remote location, just add a BLACK BOX® Convenient Switch (LB101HA family).
Multimode models support up to 2 kilometers (1.2 mi.) between Media Converter Switches. For longer distances, choose single-mode models for up to 20 kilometers (12.4 mi.).
The features you're looking for.
Media Converter Switches are super simple to set up and use - just plug and go!
Both copper ports are autosensing for speed and duplex, adjusting to the connected device automatically. Plus, the UTP ports feature Auto MDI/MDI-X, eliminating the need for crossover cables.
Each Media Converter Switch has two full sets of LED indicators: one set on the front for viewing convenience when the Media Converter Switch is DIN rail or wall-mounted, and one set mounted in the end next to the media ports for easy viewing when units are in the optional rackmount tray.
115-VAC or 240-VAC power.
Standard Media Converter Switches come with 115-VAC power supplies for use in the United States or with 240-VAC power supplies for overseas use. The 240-VAC versions feature IEC power connectors for use with any IEC standard power cord, making them adaptable to most international locations.
Mounting options galore.
Media Converter Switches fit in where you need them. They come with neat, removable rubber feet so you can use them as standalone units. Or you can easily panel-mount them with the included brackets and screws.
- Includes panel mount kit.
- Suitable for dusty or dirty environments with a temperature range between 32 and +104� F (0 to +40� C).
- 100-240VAC power input.
- Fiber interface is MM, SC, 2km range.
- One 100-Mbps fiber port and two 10-/100-Mbps RJ45 switch ports.