- RJ-45 ports support auto-negotiation, so you can easily attach any 10- or 100-Mbps device.
- ST, SC, MT-RJ, and LC fiber port types available.
- Available with 100 - 240-VAC and 12-, 24-, and 48-VDC power supplies.
- Support both half- and full-duplex operation.
- Two sets of LEDs enable you to see status information from the front, top, or side.
- Rackmount up to 16 units in the optional Rackmount Tray or Powered Rackmount Tray (sold separately).
- For outdoor environments, see our Extreme Media Converter Switches (LBH100A-P and LBH110A-P families). Standard office-grade versions (LBH100A, LBH110A families) are also available.
- For older fiber infrastructures, see Hardened Media Converter Switches for 10-Mbps fiber (LBH110A-H family).
These Media Converter Switches from Black Box are the versatile way to extend your network. They're easy to use - literally plug-and-play - and offer many choices of fiber types, power types, and mounting options.
BLACK BOX® Hardened Media Converter Switches do more than just adapt from one cable type to another. They're true Ethernet switches and behave like switches within Ethernet networks - especially those situated in or near harsh industrial areas. This means you can connect them together indefinitely without worrying about inter-repeater links.
Each Media Converter Switch features non-blocking switching architecture with a 2K MAC address table. The 128K buffer memory makes it easy to interconnect 10- and 100-Mbps devices.
Tough enough for the factory floor!
Hardened Media Converter Switches are for dusty or dirty environments with temperatures that range between -13 and +140° F (-25 to +60deg; C). They use the metal case as a heat sink so no internal airflow is needed for cooling. The case is sealed to resist environmental contaminants such as dust, dirt, moisture, smoke, and insects. They're an ideal choice for demanding industrial applications such as factory floors.
Media Converter Switches are also available in Standard versions for office or wiring closet environments and Extreme versions for outdoor environments. Because all three types work together seamlessly, you can use inexpensive Standard Media Converter Switches in the protection of the wiring closet and choose the more robust Hardened or Extreme Media Converter Switches for harsh locations at your network's edge.
Distance isn't a problem.
Because they're switches as well as media converters, Media Converter Switches provide more options in network topology, overcoming the distance limitations inherent with simple media converters - to add extra distance, just daisy-chain another Media Converter Switch. If you need more ports at your remote location, just add a BLACK BOX® Convenient Switch (LB101HA family).
Multimode models support up to 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) between Hardened Media Converter Switches. For longer distances, choose single-mode models for up to 20 kilometers (12.4 miles) or single-mode, long-distance models for an incredible 40 kilometers (24.8 miles) between links.
The features you're looking for.
Media Converter Switches are super simple to set up and use - just plug and go! Both copper ports are autosensing for speed and duplex, adjusting to the connected device automatically. Plus, the UTP ports feature Auto MDI/MDIX, eliminating the need for crossover cables.
- Includes panel mount kit.
- 100-240VAC power input.
- Suitable for dusty or dirty environments with a temperature range between -13 and +140� F (-25 to +60� C).
- Fiber interface is MM, ST, 2km range.
- One 100-Mbps fiber port and two 10-/100-Mbps RJ45 switch ports.