- ST, SC, and MT-RJ fiber port types available.
- Available with 100-240-VAC and 12-, 24-, and 48-VDC power supplies.
- For harsh industrial environments, see our Hardened Media Converter Switches (LBH100A-H family).
- Standard Media Converter Switches (LBH100A-LBH110A families) for clean office environments are also available.
- For Extreme Media Converter Switches with 10-Mbps fiber connections, see the LBH110A-P family.
Tough enough for outdoor use.
Extreme Media Converter Switches are ideal for use in exposed locations with temperature ranges of -40 to +167° F (-40 to +75° C)-all they need in the way of protection is shelter from direct rainfall. What's more, the switches feature a sealed case, which uses its own metal shell as a heat sink. Choose them for applications such as traffic signal control or for sensors or surveillance cameras in outdoor plants. Extreme Media Converter Switches are rated for above-the-ceiling plenum installation.
Media Converter Switches are also available in Standard versions (in both 10- and 100-Mbps fiber versions) for office or wiring closet environments and Hardened versions for demanding indoor environments such as factory floors. Because all three types work together seamlessly, you can use inexpensive Standard Media Converter Switches in the protection of the wiring closet and choose the more robust Hardened or Extreme Media Converter Switches for harsh locations at your network's edge.
Distance isn't a problem.
Because they're switches as well as media converters, Media Converter Switches provide more options in network topology, overcoming the distance limitations inherent with simple media converters-to add extra distance, just daisychain another Media Converter Switch. If you need more ports at your remote location, just add a BLACK BOX® Convenient Switch (LB101HA family).
Multimode models support up to 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) between Media Converter Switches. For longer distances, choose single-mode models for up to 20 kilometers (12.4 miles) or single-mode, long-distance models for an incredible 40 kilometers (24.8 miles) between links.
The features you're looking for.
Media Converter Switches are super simple to set up and use-just plug and go!
Both copper ports are autosensing for speed and duplex, adjusting to the connected device automatically. Plus, the UTP ports feature Auto MDI/MDIX, eliminating the need for crossover cables.
Media Converter Switches each have two full sets of LED indicators: one set on the front for viewing convenience when the Media Converter is DIN rail or wallmounted, and one set mounted in the end next to the media ports for easy viewing when units are in a rackmount tray.
- Function as both a media converter and a switch.
- Suitable for harsh outdoor environments.
- Provide one 100-Mbps fiber port and two 10-/100-Mbps UTP switch ports.
- RJ45 ports support autonegotiation, so you can easily attach any 10- or 100-Mbps device.
- Support both half- and full-duplex operation.
- Two sets of LEDs enable you to see status information from the front, top, or side.
- Rackmount up to 16 units in the optional Rackmount Tray or Powered Rackmount Tray (available separately).