- Uplink/downlink fault detection is provided by LinkAlert™.
- Autosensing port configuration.
- Full- and half-duplex operation.
- Universal, autosensing power supply.
- Also available in 6-port, single-mode, SC, and 100BASE-TX to 100BASE-FX models.
Connect Ethernet segments to fiber segments without using crossover cables. With a Black Box AutoCross Media Converter, you no longer have to deal with mismatched transmit and receive cable pairs. This converter contains a switch that senses the type of circuit connected to the UTP port and automatically configures the port to match. Because the UTP side is autosensing to MDI/MDI-X, you can use either a straight or crossed cable to connect a switch or NIC.
The converter features LinkAlert™, which monitors 100% of physical uplink and downlink failures and alerts the network if the transmission fails. This Ethernet version of the AutoCross Media converter is not compatible with autosensing devices (for example, a 10-/100-Mbps hub); it only works with standard 10-Mbps devices. Use the AutoCross Media Converter up to 100 meters (328 ft.) on the UTP link and up to 2 kilometers (1.2 mi.) on a multimode fiber link.
- Guaranteed for life!
- Support for half- and full-duplex operation.
- Reconfigures itself for proper UTP cabling; no more crossover cables!
- Easy plug-and-play operation.