Use fiber instead of copper to send your RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 data - and do so without having to route it through protocol converters.
Universal Fiber Optic Line Driver Transceivers enables you to transmit and receive the signals over fiber optic cabling in both point-to-point or drop-and-repeat topologies. You can even mix protocols. For instance, you can set one transceiver to interface with an RS-232 device at one end and another to interface with an RS-485 device at the opposite end. There's no need for a converter box at either end of the fiber link!
Universal Fiber Optic Line Driver Transceivers also offer a wide range of speeds and distances - up to 21.75 miles (35 km) with the single-mode version.
- Speeds up to 10 Mbps for RS-422 and RS-485, 200-kbps for RS-232.
- Indicator LEDS monitor signal and power
- End-to-end protocol conversion-no separate box is needed.
- Data-derived or RTS transmit/receive switching (RS-485)
- Extended ambient operating range
- Ideal for fiber applications that use different interface protocols.
- Communicate signals in a point-to-point or ring topology.