The CL5716I Slideaway™ LCD KVM Switch is a control unit that allows access to multiple computers from a single PS/2 or USB KVM (keyboard, video, and mouse) console. A single CL5716I can control up to 16 computers. As many as 15 additional KVM switches can be daisychained to the CL5716I, so that up to 256 computers can all be controlled from a single KVM console.
The CL5716I LCD KVM Switch is an IP-based KVM control unit that allows both local and remote operators to monitor and access multiple computers. Remote users access the switches over the Internet by means of a web browser using TCP/IP for its remote communications protocol. The CL5716I supports up to 32 concurrent user logins for a single-bus computer access. A built-in feature that resembles an Internet chat program - the Message Board - lets them communicate with each other. The ability to exchange information in real time allows them to cooperatively manage the installation in a smooth and efficient manner.
The CL5716I offers a space-saving, streamlined approach to KVM switch technology by integrating a keyboard, 17" or 19" LED-backlit LCD monitor, and touchpad in a 1U rack-mountable sliding housing. In addition, since the CL5716I is built on a modular design, the KVM section can be detached from the switch section for convenient maintenance and repair.
Among CL5716I's other outstanding features, the Panel Array Mode provides the ability to monitor the video output of the servers on the installation; while the Mouse DynaSync™ feature automatically synchronizes the local and remote mouse pointer movements for perfect alignment regardless of what the mouse acceleration settings on the server are.
The CL5716I supports the highest security protocols, such as TLS 1.2 encryption for the browser, and RC4 128 bit encryption for secure keyboard, mouse, and video data transmission. For easier and more efficient user management integration, the CL5716I also supports authentication and authorization via 3rd party authorized servers, such as RADIUS, LDAP, LDAPS, and MS Active Directory.
- Exclusive LED illumination light - designed by ATEN to illuminate the keyboard and touchpad to allow visibility in low-light conditions
- Integrated KVM console with 17" or 19" LED-backlit LCD monitor in a Slideaway™ housing
- Space saving technology - up to two consoles (one bus) control up to 16 computers
- Daisy chain up to 15 additional units - control up to 256 computers from a single console (With compatible KVM Switches: ACS1208A, ACS1216A, CS1708A,CS1716A)
- Extra console port - manage computers from an external console (VGA monitor, USB or PS/2 keyboard and mouse)
- Superior video quality - up to 1280 x 1024 @75 Hz; DDC2B for the local console; up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz / 24 bit color depth for remote sessions
- Dual Interface - supports computers and console with PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice
- LCD module USB port allows connected computers to access USB peripherals*
- Auto-sensing of station's position on daisy chained installations; no need for manual dip switch setting; front panel LED indicates station's position
- Hot pluggable - add or remove computers without having to power down the switch