With the increasing number of mobile and IoT devices reliant on wireless access, networks must be capable of accommodating growing capacity needs and a diverse mixture of device types, applications and services.
The Aruba 530 Series campus access points with 802.11ax technology are designed to deliver high performance access for mobile and IoT devices in environments where device density is high. The 530 Series uses 802.11ax features to simultaneously serve multiple clients and prioritize different types of traffic, which increases the data rates for both individual applications, devices and the overall network.
The 530 Series includes support for all mandatory and several optional 802.11ax features, which include up- and downlink OFDMA with up to 37 resource units, up- and downlink multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO), 4x4 MIMO with up to four spatial streams in both the 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands, channel bandwidths up to 160MHz (in 5GHz; 40MHz in 2.4GHz), and 1024-QAM modulation.
The 530 Series supports maximum data rates of 2.4Gbps in the 5GHz band and 1,150Mbps in the 2.4GHz band (for an aggregate peak data rate of 3.55Gbps). Each AP supports up to 1024 associated client devices per radio, making the high-end 802.11ax 530 Series APs ideal for high density environments, such as higher education, K12, retail branches, hotels and digital workplaces.
In addition to 802.11ax standards, the 530 Series supports unique features like Aruba ClientMatch radio management and additional radios for location services and IoT applications. With a higher capacity of 4x versus what is delivered by 802.11ac APs, as well as a universal IoT connectivity, the 530 Series delivers an unsurpassed user experience for today's all-wireless digital environments.
802.11AX PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS
To better support growing client density, the 530 Series uses two key new features within 802.11ax that enhance multi-user connectivity and efficiency. The first is Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) and the other is multi-user - multiple input multiple output (MU-MIMO).
- Multi-user transmission with downlink and uplink OFDMA - OFDMA increases user data rates and also reduces latency, especially for large numbers of devices with short frames or low data-rate requirements, such as voice and IOT devices. By providing multi-user capabilities, a channel can be divided in the frequency domain, and multiple transmissions can be carried simultaneously. OFDMA is particularly effective in raising network efficiency and capacity where there are many devices, short frames, or low data-rate streams.
- Multi user transmission with downlink and uplink multi-user MIMO - MU-MIMO is another multi-user capability, originally introduced in 802.11ac. This improves network capacity by allowing multiple devices to transmit simultaneously
In addition to the standard 802.11ax capabilities, with the optional tri-radio operating mode, the 5GHz radio is split up into two independent 4x4 MIMO radios with up to four spatial streams each. This enables even higher numbers of simultaneously connected client devices.
To optimize endpoint connections Aruba's ClientMatch technology will automatically detect and classify mobile devices with common characteristics, group these devices, and match them with the best AP's and radios to enhance the performance of the network. For example, all 802.11ax capable devices will be grouped onto available 11ax AP and radios, so that the performance benefits of Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) are maximized. This delivers increased network performance and a boost in network capacity.
- AI-powered features for wireless RF and client connectivity optimization
- Dual-radio (dual 4x4 MIMO) 802.11ax AP with up-and downlink OFDMA* and Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO)
- Supports all mandatory and several optional 802.11ax features, and up to the full 37 OFDMA Resource Units (RUs)
- Maximum data rates of 2.4Gbps in the 5GHz band and 1,150Mbps in the 2.4GHz band (for an aggregate peak data rate of 3.55Gbps)
- Up to 1,024 associated client devices per radio
- Ideal for high-density environments, such as higher education,K12, retail branches, hotels and digital workplaces
- Cost effective and easy to manager universal IoT connectivity that includes Bluetooth 5 and Zigbee radios for location and IoT use-cases
- Aruba Intelligent Power Monitoring (IPM) which allows the APs to operate if there is not enough PoE power
- State of the art security with WPA3 and Enhanced open