Aegis Padlock Fortress Solid State Drive
The Perfect Blend of Durability, Security and Speed
With Speeds up to 180 MB/s Apricorn's USB 3.0 Encrypted Solid State Drive Fuses FIPS 140-2 Hardware Data Protection with a Robust Design
Certified to NIST FIPS 140-2 Level 2 requirements, this drive is tested on 11 cryptographic levels. All data on the drive is protected with real-time hardware AES-XTS 256-bit encryption, and with no software required for installation or operation this drive needs no ADMIN rights. With no moving parts, this drive is drop and vibration resistant, unaffected by high humidity and works in extremes of temperature. Impervious to key logging attacks, you access the drive with your own unique PIN via an onboard keypad. Combine this with a USB 3.0 integrated cable and Solid State performance, and you have one powerful drive.
Why use a Solid State Drive?
- 5X Greater Life Expectancy than Premium Rotational Drives
- Works in extreme temperatures
- Freezing temps of 40°F (40°C) below 0
- Searing temps of up to 158°F (70°C)
- Unaffected by high humidity
- Works in 95% humidity at temps under 131°F (55°C)
- Virtually shock and vibration resistant
- Rated to: Shock 1500G/0.5ms, Vibration 20G/20-2000Hz
- With no moving parts, the Aegis Padlock is completely silent
FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Validated
Tested and Validated by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the Aegis Padlock Fortress is validated to meet the Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 Level 2 specification. FIPS 140-2 validation is the cryptography standard required by the US federal government for protection of sensitive data. It covers 11 areas of its cryptographic security system, including physical security, cryptographic key management and design integrity.
Drives Validated to the FIPS 140-2 specification are required to be used by U.S. government branches as well as civilian companies in the US, Canada and the United Kingdom that contract to the US government.
Additionally governments and public companies worldwide in the education, healthcare, and financial services industries have adopted using FIPS 140-2 validated drives as the regulations requiring their use is continuously expanding. Enterprises that wish to use the strongest encryption available have also adopted using FIPS 140-2 drives as it's widely known how stringent the testing is to receive this level of certification.
Easy-to-use KeyPad, Software Free Design and Ability to Work on ANY Operating System makes Corporate Deployment a Breeze
With an easy-to-use keypad design and software free setup, the Aegis Padlock Fortress Secure Drive enables you to access the drive with your own unique PIN. The embedded keypad prevents hardware and software key logging attempts to capture your password entered via the host system.
Utilizes Military Grade FIPS PUB 197 Validated Encryption Algorithm
Featuring 256-bit AES-XTS hardware encryption, the Aegis Padlock Fortress seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive in real-time, keeping your data safe even if the solid state drive is removed from its enclosure.
Software Free Design - With no admin rights to contend with
Setup takes just minutes. With no software installation required for setup or operation and the ability to run on any platform, the Aegis Padlock Fortress provides stress free deployment in corporate environments.
- With 4 TB capacity you have ample space for storing millions of images, hundreds of hours of video or for music lovers, up to a million songs
- 256-bit encryption protects your PC from hackers and thieves by encoding all your data
- Get faster data processing with 8 MB cache buffer
- For super-fast data transfer, the drive takes advantage of USB 3.0 connectivity