EXTENSIVE FORM FACTORS, PCIe GEN4 PERFORMANCE, AND LEADING-EDGE SECURITY
Servers are rapidly migrating from legacy data center technologies to NVM Express™ (NVMe) and flash-optimized form factors to maximize performance, reduce costs and provide a secure platform for virtualization, containers, cloud, software-defined storage and more.
Throughout these changes, one thing has remained constant - storage demands continue to increase radically. And those demands aren't letting up. Meeting the challenge requires forward-thinking storage - storage that easily fits into different platforms, storage performance tuned for your workloads and storage that is highly secure. Storage like the Micron 7400 SSD.
Solid-State Storage Optimized for Growing, Evolving Infrastructure
Driven by hardware-level security, the Micron 7400 SSD with NVMe delivers PCIe Gen4 performance and the world's broadest PCIe Gen4 NVMe SSD portfolio for data center infrastructure innovation.
Micron 7400 SSD KEY BENEFITS | World's Broadest SSD Portfolio for Data Center Infrastructure Innovation
The Micron 7400 is available in the industry's broadest variety of form factors, including U.3, M.2, and E1.S - all designed to help you balance the evolving capacity, power and thermal needs for your data center.
With a wide capacity range from 400GB to 7.68TB, the Micron 7400 SSD supports applications from boot to high-capacity storage and is the only PCIe Gen4 U.3 form factor in both 7mm and 15mm. It is also the only PCIe Gen4 M.2 22 x 80mm with power loss protection - specifically designed for server boot use.
PCIe Gen4 Performance That Scales
The Micron 7400 delivers two times the throughput of our last-generation mainstream SSD with NVMe, along with 128 namespaces to maximize scalability in virtual environments. It is fully backwards compatible with PCIe Gen3 systems for more flexibility.
At the Leading Edge of Security With Hardware-Driven Performance
The Micron 7400 supports trusted industry standards to enable integration with your encryption key management solution to provide seamless authentication and management of Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) assets.
Micron's First SSD With OCP Support
Micron has supported industry standards like the Open Compute Project (OCP) for decades. The Micron 7400 SSD is Micron's first SSD designed for select OCP deployments and is available in enterprise and data center SSD form factors (EDSFF). Micron continues to support industry standards that are the foundation for rapid innovation around the globe.
- M.2 (22 x 80mm, 22 x 110mm): Ultracompact M.2 form factors that are well-suited for boot devices
- Up to 128 Namespaces: Isolated logical blocks of NAND that are separately accessible for noninterfering I/O and multitenancy
- Standards-Based Management: In-band and out-of-band (NVMe-MI) management for easy drive health availability
- Multiple-Sector-Size Support: Support for 512- and 4096-byte sectors so the Micron 7400 can satisfy multiple platforms
- Vertical Integration: Micron-tested 1200 MT/s 3D TLC NAND, NVMe 1.4 4-core CPU controller, firmware and validation forseamless operation
- Flex Capacity Feature: Easy adjustments to SSD capacity to match different applications and workloads
- Power Loss Protection: SSD power holdup mechanism that helps ensure data in flight is properly written when SSD power is lost
- Data Path Protection: Helps protect against bit errors as data travels from the PHY to the NAND and back
- Adaptive Thermal Monitoring: SSD internal temperature monitoring and power adjustment to ensure operation within thermal limits
- Storage Executive Support: Micron-developed SSD management software for easy SSD health monitoring, firmware updates and more