Built for security, IoT, mobility, and cloud
The Cisco® Catalyst® 9300 Series switches are Cisco's lead stackable enterprise switching platform built for security, IoT, mobility, and cloud. They are the next generation of the industry's most widely deployed switching platform. Catalyst 9300 Series switches form the foundational building block for Software-Defined Access (SD-Access), Cisco's lead enterprise architecture. At up to 480 Gbps, they are the industry's highest-density stacking bandwidth solution with the most flexible uplink architecture. The Catalyst 9300 Series is the first optimized platform for high-density Wi-Fi 6 and 802.11ac Wave2. It sets new maximums for network scale. These switches are also ready for the future, with an x86 CPU architecture and more memory, enabling them to host containers and run third-party applications and scripts natively within the switch.
The Catalyst 9300 Series is designed for Cisco StackWise® technology, providing flexible deployment with support for nonstop forwarding with Stateful Switchover (NSF/SSO), for the most resilient architecture in a stackable (sub-50-ms) solution. The highly resilient and efficient power architecture features Cisco StackPower®, which delivers high-density Cisco Universal Power over Ethernet (Cisco UPOE®) and Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) ports. The switches are based on the Cisco Unified Access™ Data Plane 2.0 (UADP) 2.0 architecture which not only protects your investment but also allows a larger scale and higher throughput. A modern operating system, Cisco IOS® XE with programmability offers advanced security capabilities and Internet of Things (IoT) convergence.
The Foundation of software-Defined access
Advanced persistent security threats. The exponential growth of Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Mobility everywhere. Cloud adoption. All of these require a network fabric that integrates advanced hardware and software innovations to automate, secure, and simplify customer networks. The goal of this network fabric is to enable customer revenue growth by accelerating the rollout of business services.
The Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA) with Software-Defined Access (SD-Access) is the network fabric that powers business. It is an open and extensible, software-driven architecture that accelerates and simplifies your enterprise network operations. The programmable architecture frees your IT staff from time-consuming, repetitive network configuration tasks so they can focus instead on innovation that positively transforms your business. SD-Access enables policy-based automation from edge to cloud with foundational capabilities. These include:
- Simplified device deployment
- Unified management of wired and wireless networks
- Network virtualization and segmentation
- Group-based policies
- Context-based analytics
Cisco DNA software
Cisco DNA Software offers a valuable and flexible way to buy software for the access, WAN, and data center domains. At each stage in the product lifecycle, Cisco DNA Software helps make buying, managing, and upgrading your network and infrastructure software easier. Cisco DNA Software provides:
- Flexible licensing models to smoothly distribute customers' software spending over time
- Investment protection for software purchases through software services-enabled license portability
- Access to updates, upgrades, and new technology from Cisco through Cisco®Software Support Services (SWSS)
- Lower cost of entry with the new Cisco DNA Subscription for Switching model
- Features 24 networking ports to meet the requirements of the most demanding workgroups
- Cascade to other network devices through the uplink port to expand your local area network
- Supports cost-efficient twisted pair cables for high-speed data transfer up to 100 meters
- Optimize the performance of business networks with 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Can work as layer 3 routing for scalable network design
- Management capability provides control over setup and configuration of your network
- Built-in power supply to ensure all components are being supplied with accurate voltage